Tuesday, May 2, 2017

COCONUT BLUEBERRY MUFFINS (Gluten Free)

In my quest to provide CC Lovers with gluten free baking options, I stumbled over this recipe, which I tweaked a bit and converted for CC. Given my recent failures with gluten free baking, I did not hold particularly high hopes for these muffins.  I am happy to say though that I was pleasantly surprised. They look like a muffin and taste like a muffin and they are really yummy. (I have already eaten three!) The only thing I would suggest is that if coconut is not your thing, maybe give this recipe a miss as the coconut flavour is quite strong. I don't follow a gluten free diet but I will definitely make these again.

COCONUT BLUEBERRY MUFFINS (GF) 

Makes about 10
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup coconut oil melted
1/2 cup coconut flour
6 eggs
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup of blueberries (fresh or frozen)

1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees. Grease a 12 hole muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. Place all ingredients except the blueberries into the bowl with the kneading blade.
3. Select Speed 5 Time 30sec. When finished, scrape down the sides oblf the bowl.
4. Pulse for 10sec.
5. Remove blade and leave batter to sit for 10min. (This allows the flour to absorb moisture).
6. Fold in blueberries.
7. Use an ice cream scoop to place mixture into the prepared tin. Each cup should be around 3/4 full.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the tops spring back when pressed lightly in the middle.

1 comment: